Friday, August 18, 2006

Mine

Today's blog entry will be my review of the game already sweeping the world - Minesweeper! The aim of this game is to locate all the mines using cleverly given clues (examples of this include "3" and "1") while ensuring you don't make a wrong move. The clues aren't too intrusive and don't interrupt the flow of the game, which is a relief in this modern day when you can simply look in a mirror to get hints in one particular game.
Despite this potentially-slow premise, it's a rip-roaring game! The adrenaline-filled action will have you on the edge of your seat, never knowing if the next step could be your last! There are three different levels of difficulty, and internet competition for new records is always fierce and competitive. Can you beat the record?
With its crisp and clear graphics, Minesweeper is an ease to use while also being kind on the eye.


At no point do you ever feel the game is going too quickly or too slowly, and the option to restart the game if things get to hard is always easily within reach. The yellow guy with the sunglasses makes a nice sidekick, but he's about as useful as Ashley in Resident Evil 4. IE sunglasses man is useless.
One of my only complaints about this is the lack of save points. Even a typewriter or a weird floaty thing Samus walks into would be something. But luckily each "round" doesn't "last" long so you shouldn't be too "annoyed".
Minesweeper is a fantastic game and will be enjoyed by all fans of the genre. An instant classic. I give it 9541 stars out of 10,000.

----

Story of WTF is now (maybe) 100% completed, at least for its first release.

5 Comments:

Blogger dj chainz said...

I pwn at Minesweeper you know. I have times of 0 seconds. If I could post images here then I would :/ Stupid blogspot image bannt thing...

11:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kind on the eyes? random primary colours?

i think not.

11:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minesweeper is teh pwnzors lolz. Ok, enough of that. I've made myself sick already.
Minesweeper beats every other game I've ever played for sure. I've played it more than... than... lots of games, I just can't think of their names right now.
And yes, I agree that The story of wtf is probably finished, as the last of the parts I'm working on is going to end up larger than planned and isn't needed at the moment.

12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DJ Chainz cheats at Minesweeper, he changes the times in the files. I know because he told me. His actual record for expert is 195.

My record for expert is 83, which is pretty tasty. And 3 seconds for beginner is probably the best I will ever get. And that, my friends, is why I win. Lots.

11:45 am  
Blogger Mkzrj said...

83? Cor. I don't think I should have to type in that code since it's my blog. Grrr.

11:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home