Monday, June 19, 2006

Reverse

I have just been challenged to write a blog entry about reverse psychology - "I bet you can't write a blog entry about reverse psychology!" was the exact quote.
Now. I may randomly swerve off at some strange angle, but nevertheless I will make a full entry that is (atleast vaguely related to) reverse psychology. So, to begin with. What is it? Well, a great example can be found in the Simpsons :

Homer's Brain: Don't you get it? You've gotta use reverse psychology.
Homer: That sounds too complicated.
Homer's Brain: OK, don't use reverse psychology.
Homer: All right, I will!

As far as I can see it's terribly useful. Whenever you use it it primarily undermines the confidence of the other person, so they're then guaranteed to strive harder to achieve whatever you told them they couldn't do. Also, possibly, like with a button "Do Not Push" you will normally push it to see what happens, or simply because it's going against authority.

Those of you who post comments (And I do appreciate them, mostly) will have noticed some comments on my "Circus" post about how brilliant America is. I think that just a little bit proves my point. In the entry, I said America have to be best at everything. Then someone on my contacts posts "We beat you at everything" kinda confirms it. Thanks. Also, my replies are sort of a warm-up for next week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reverse psychology isn't very useful. You can't use it everyday life.

12:49 pm  
Blogger Mkzrj said...

Yeah, you're right. I bet no-one here could possibly manage to use it :P

2:03 pm  
Blogger dj chainz said...

ygolohcysP

I just did. Got you all.

2:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

owndizzled

10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home