Thursday, October 12, 2006

Notes

One nice thing today - I noticed the first link to the blog on an external site! A UFO site has linked to my celebrities consider entry about aliens. Therefore - and this does somehow follow on - I have a mission for everyone. This mission is to tell people about the blog and put it in any forum sigs you may have. Except those on Newgrounds if you post views that are controversial in the eyes of rednecks.
Anyway. To the murder mystery!

Following on from last time, something incredibly unexpected had just happened! To be more specific,
You've now scrawled some rather rubbish notes about what you know so far. Unfortunately Blogger is crap and doesn't have any handwriting font like that Lucida whatsit, so your notes lack some of their hand-written charm.


:- The detective seems incompetent. He has a totally moronic method of taking fingerprints and has smudged anything once on the knife. Judging from what happened last time I suppose it is possible he is the one who did it and it trying to persuade us he didn't do it. Should exercise more.
:- The older woman is my chief suspect. More things points to her, especially her blatent denial of the murder. The bingo hall incidents seem to suggest she's getting even with everyone who wronged her at that stupid place. You only win hats anyway.
:- No-one else seems all that suspicious.

You look up from checking your notes to see the fat detective interrogating the older woman. Wondering if he's come to the same conclusion as you, you make your way over and see what's going on.
"And how do you explain the doctor's last cry?" demands the gargantuan European. "Clearly a reference to a Bingo Hall! And how old are you?"
The old woman looks like she might not reveal such intimate information, but under the glare of the detective she relents. "Eighty-six."
"Exactly! If you're that old you must go to bingo halls."
"So?"
"So you're the prime suspect. Like prime rib."
You wonder if the Belgian thinks about anything except food.
"Anything to say for yourself?"
The old woman looks indignant. "Of course I do! This is outrageous! I didn't murder them! I'm a weak old woman."
You're not sure which side to take. Both of them seem fairly suspicious, and the Belgian's accusations seem incredibly unprofessional. You ask him to follow you off to one side.
"What do you want?"
You point out how unprofessional he's being, and that by telling the old woman he suspects her she's likely to come up with an excuse. The Belgian storms off, and then turns to make an announcement. He apparently wants everyone to meet here in an hour when he will announce the murderer!
A ring of shock goes around the room. The lion-tamer seems surprised and twirls his moustache in a puzzled manner. Lord Barnacle-Smythe looks nervous, and you can just about see the white package in his pocket.

----

Things are drawing to an end now. Post any final questions if you will, but I doubt anyone will tonight.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why will no one post a question tonight?

11:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because it's late and I've signed off msn, thus no-one will know this is here.
Which reminds me, I must sign up to the PCGamer forums and stick a link in my sig.

9:58 am  
Blogger dj chainz said...

I like it, though my own notes don't look quite like that :\ I have my own suspicions of who it actually is...

4:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE CHEF DID IT!

5:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was I!!

Yes, I am the murderer. Of jokes.

5:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home