Thursday, August 03, 2006

Wrap

We now - tragically - come to the end of Gaming Week. Since I don't have a main blog entry to do today, I'm going to mention a whole bunch of little things which should combine like a Mega TransformerZord 2000 and become greater than the sum of their parts, while also kicking evil. With a wholesome American accent.

The other day after my blog entry about wonderful Retro, I decided to have a gander around my game boxes for the Commodore and Spectrum. The wave of nostalgia was so powerful it dented the walls and now I have to pay for them, which I think is a little unfair. Nevertheless, it has encouraged me to start playing them again. Phrases like :
"Wow! It's that!"
"Oh, I remember that game! That was so good!"
Came up rather often while I was going through them. And I un-earthed some old classics :
Potty Pigeon, for the Electron. I love that game! You play - shockingly - as a pigeon, and you fly around dropping eggs on stuff and collecting worms.
Saboteur! Beach Head! Turrican! Fernandez Must Die! Spyhunter! Gauntlet! Kung Fu Master! (never could beat those killer bees...) Express Raider! Green Beret! So many fantastic games, and so many happy memories. I even found the game I started...
Ah.

Next, we have a small vid I took of the crashing Gunship in E1.


Next, we move onto the hardest game ever. Toonstruck, for the PC. To keep things brief, let me give you an example of what you had to do in this semi-free-roaming game. Take a stuffed cat. Glue two piano keys to its mouth as teeth. Glue candy-floss to its back as a tail. Then insert jumping beans. Leave aforementioned monstrosity outside a squirrel's house. The squirrel comes out, falls in love with the "fake squirrel thing" and runs off, allowing you to steal his nuts. As it were. Not...in the other sense. That would surely earn it an 18-rating.

Worst game ever is Elf : The Movie : The Game. Apparently "So bad it's good because you're laughing at how bad it is."

Next, E3 is going! This is a tragically undoubtably up there with that time I lost a house. I do actually think this is a bad idea, mainly because it now means I will never go. Which sucks.

And last - but certainly not least - a brief mention of my favourite magician/asshole. True, this has nothing to do with gaming, but it is amusing nonetheless. It has just come to my attention that David Blaine is attempting a new stunt! As many of you will know, I am a big fan of this vacuous ignoramous, and I was over-joyed to hear he would be "hanging from below Brooklyn Bridge for as long as he could". Alas, it did not involve a noose.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really have anything of use to add to that, so I shall say this.

"Cats that tick are often not cats at all"

You have been enlightened.

5:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home